Register with the surgery

Catchment area

We are only able to accept patients who live in our practice area, this consists of Welwyn Garden City and all surrounding villages.

Please contact reception if you are unsure whether you reside within our practice area.

You can also find out which GPs you can register with on the NHS website.

Registering with the surgery

To register with the surgery:

When you register, it’s helpful to have your NHS number. You can use the NHS website to find your NHS number.

Please allow 5 working days for us to process your registration before visiting the surgery.

Temporary residents

If you are not registered with a doctor but need to see one, you can receive emergency treatment for 14 days. After 14 days you will need to register as a temporary or permanent patient.

To register as a temporary resident you will need to complete a GMS3 form. Please return the completed form to the surgery.

You can register as a temporary resident with a GP in England if you are in the area for longer than 24 hours but less than three months.

For further information visit: NHS: how do I register as a temporary resident with a GP?.

Change of details

We would appreciate notification of any change of name, address, phone number or marital status as soon as possible so that our records can be kept up to date.

Overseas visitors

For Guidance on overseas visitors please visit the NHS website  for further information.

Related information

Named GP